Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Problems with installation of Learn version

This topic is resolved
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 11 Posts
    @steve65

Hello, I need to have just the same of

Home

on my site webland24.net/community

I also bought the plugin LearnDash BASIC that the Learn Gwangi version needs,
    I have installed and after this I have launched your wizard setup, selecting Learn version

So I was expecting to find the same of this:

Home

instead I see this page that says “Nothing found”:
    http://prntscr.com/u3b9sn

Can you help me?

If you need to access to worpress.
    site is
    webland24.net/community/wp-admin

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks
    Stefano

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @steve65,

Thank you for buying our theme. We hope it will meet all your expectations! 🙂

I took the liberty to remove your admin access to keep it safe.

I’m convinced that something went wrong during the import, it’s recommended to address the issue right now as it might lead to other problems in the future.

We really suggest to use the setup wizard, as you did, to install the theme, as it will programmatically do every steps for you.

You can easily reset your WordPress database using WP Reset (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-reset/) and start fresh with our setup wizard.

Please make sure LearnDash plugin is activated before the installation of Gwangi theme.

Regards,

Stefano
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 11 Posts
    @steve65

Hello I followed your instructions:

* site reset with wp-reset
    * new installation of the lòearndash plugin
    * new installation of the theme

but the result is the same:
    http://prntscr.com/u3gmsl

can you please help me?
    I need to be this on site: https://learn.gwangi-theme.com/ with all its demo content

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @steve65,

It seems that you have not assigned a home page. You have chosen to display your latest articles, as you can see on the screenshot.

Also, I see that all widgets are imported, but the home page seems to be removed. Did you delete it manually?
    Just create a homepage and assign the “Homepage template” to it.

Best,

Stefano
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 11 Posts
    @steve65

Hello,
    No I haven’t deleted anything – least of all the home page. I assigned the home page as the home page (former example page)
    but what i see is this: http://prntscr.com/u4v0h7

There is absolutely nothing I wanted.
    I want the same, identical site that I see here: http://prntscr.com/u4v0h7 with its pages, its courses, all its contents.

How do I import the demo content?

Stefano
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 11 Posts
    @steve65

Hello, any update?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @steve65,

Your support team is currently doing their best to offer the best support possible. However, please note that you should expect a response time of 1-2 business days, until further notice.

Thank you for understanding.

As I said, just create a homepage and assign the “Homepage template” to it. If you already have your home page, simply select the right page template to solve your problem. 🙂

Cheers,

Stefano
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 11 Posts
    @steve65

Thanks for your kind reply.
    Now I have associated the home page with the “home page” template and the page has changed and looks more like the one in your demo.

I have two questions:
    1) I would like to know if there is the possibility to import the demo stuff (with all the files, graphics, courses, teachers, etc.) to make a copy identical to the one of the demo I see online. Because currently my site is completely empty and has no courses, users, teachers, students, users, etc. It’s all to be done. Graphics are also to be done. While if there is an import demo (as I often see in wordpress themes) I would have solved the problem, because I have to show the client a test environment
    2) on the demo home page, there is a sidebar on the left containing the navigation meni, while on my site there is not. How do I create it?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @steve65,

It seems that you install the Classic version of Gwangi but you want the Learn version. To make it simple, I suggest you to reset your website and install the learn version of your theme. In the setup wizard, simply select the “learn” version of the theme and it will be installed for you.

You can easily reset your WordPress database using WP Reset (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-reset/) and start fresh with our setup wizard.

Please, don’t forget to make a backup in case you want to restore your work.

I inform you that users and courses cannot be imported. But once the Learn version is installed, you can easily create them.

Regards,

Stefano
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 11 Posts
    @steve65

I have reset again the site with wp-reset. So as first step I have installed learndash plugin and I have then installed again the gwangi theme following the wizard process and choosing Learn (see image) but nothing has changed, site is just right before.

In the website there is no home page between pages, so that I have made sample page as home page (and set homepage template for it).

At this point, since all my efforts have been in vain, I can ask you to enter the site and fix the wrong things to get me the same site (or as similar as possible to the demo) starting from the home page and then all the rest?

I followed your instructions. It’s been days since I bought the theme and tried and tried again, but I can’t fix it. And my client wants to see the site ready.

Help me please!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @steve65,

Thank you for your patience.

Indeed, It’s best if we take a quick look at this… We will investigate further to find from where this issue is coming from.

Also, are we free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further in order to make sure you don’t loose any data if something goes wrong.

We will be back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Stefano
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 11 Posts
    @steve65

Many thanks for your assistance.
    In the site there is no content so by mi side no need to make a backup, so feel free to activate/deactivate plugins and make every change you need to to.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @steve65,

Thank you so much for your patience!

Usually, the setup wizard should make the demo import run smoothly, but issues can occur sometimes. Please give a quick look to the the following post, as we address the most installation common issues:

Demo Import Troubleshooting – Common Issues and Resolutions

In most cases, these type of issues are caused by server misconfigurations. Please check the WordPress prerequisites here: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

For better performance (and better security) we obviously recommend the version 7.2 for PHP. Nevertheless, if this is not possible for you (server type, incompatibilities with plugins, etc.) we recommend at least version 5.6.X.

Finally, this topic might also catch your attention as one of our user shared the server configuration that has helped him to solve a similar issue:
    https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/import-content-page-loading-forever/#post-12500

I tried to import the demo manually but it seems to be a limitation that prevents me from importing anything.

We hope this will help you! After checking all the points listed above, you should be able to install the demo correctly.

I’m waiting for your feedback. 🙂

Kind regards,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi again @steve65,

I found a way to import content and style, but the limitation I mentioned prevents me from going further.

As you will notice, some images and menus are missing. So you have the possibility to add the rest of the content manually by creating the menus one by one and defining the images of your choice.

Although I strongly advise you to correct this limit by following the points listed in my previous post, you have this possibility to finalize the site as soon as possible in order to show it to your customers.

Best,

Stefano
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 11 Posts
    @steve65

Hello thanks for your reply.
    I have contacted the hosting company and asked them to make these changes taken from the post you showed me

define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’);

php_value post_max_size 32M
    php_value upload_max_filesize 32M
    php_value memory_limit 256M
    php_value max_execution_time 300
    php_value max_input_time 300
    php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 86400

They have made the changes, so, can you retry now?

I must say that I am really in trouble with my customer that is a a little tired to waiting for me. I am in a hurry now.

Can you solve at this time?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @steve65,

I’m glad to read that your hosting company made these changes.

Under these circumstances, we will do our best to help you by trying to import the demo ourselves. Please note that we do not usually provide installation services. We do it as a courtesy.

We’ll be back to you ASAP.

Best regards,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

The demo is installed. 🙂

Please note that your website is very slow. I took the liberty to do some tests and this issue seems to be related to your hosting service. In fact, when I turned everything off, the load speed of your website did not change at all, which confirms that you should ask your web host for advice.

If you’re happy with our theme, feel free to review our theme on our Themeforest page:
    https://themeforest.net/item/gwangi-dating-community-theme/21115855

It very appreciated and it helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality over time and develop new features. It’s a win-win !

And by doing this, you will be making a great contribution to our community! #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Cheers,

Stefano
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 11 Posts
    @steve65

Many thanks, now looks great.
    Question: can you please tell me how can I edit this section? http://prntscr.com/u8fvv8

can you also suggest me a good hosting?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @steve65,

Thank you for bring these other issues to our attention. We’re glad to answer any question related with the setup of our theme.

However, it very difficult for us to provide the best support possible and to keep track of issues and their resolution if you so many questions are asked in the same topic.
    Moreover, it’s easier for us to share the resolution for a single issue with other members of our community facing the same problem.

So, could you move your other questions into different topics, please? One question = one topic.
    By doing this, you will be making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that! 🙂

Thank you.

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Problems with installation of Learn version’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site