Find Answers and Get Support › Forums › Gwangi – PRO Multi-Purpose Membership, Social Network & BuddyPress Community Theme › Fine Tuning › Translations › “search…”
- This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 months, 4 weeks ago by Manathan.
Hi Gil, 🙂
Can you please confirm me you translated bbPress plugin as well as Grimlock for bbPress plugin?
Concerning the “Search”, I suggest you to take a look at this article from our documentation:
Hope this will help you. Don’t hesitate to come back to us if you need more help.
Cheers,May 24, 2022 at 12:03 #40671
Thank you for your feedback.
I’m going to investigate to find out from where exactly these words are located. Could you provide us with screenshots of your website please? This way, I’m sure I’m looking for the right words.
Thank you.May 25, 2022 at 09:55 #40678
Here are below two screenshots of untranslated words. The first screenshot comes from the forum page and the other from the member page.May 25, 2022 at 10:18 #40681
Thank you Gil. Here are my feedback:
- Gender: Please go to Dashboard > Users > Profile Fields and edit the gender field to translate the values.
- Private Message: We’re investigating.
- Freshness: We’re investigating.
We’ll be back to you as soon as we found how to translate the Private Message and Freshness words.
We thank you for your patience.
Best,May 25, 2022 at 11:13 #40684
Thank you for your patience. I have some news:
- Private Message: This string has been recently changed by BuddyPress. For this reason, the translating file needs to be adjusted. As you’re using Loco Translate, you need to synchronise the Grimlock for BuddyPress translation file. Then, you should find this string.
- Freshness: It seems bbPress removed this string from his plugin. We’ll have to fix that ourselves in the next update. We’ll be back to you as soon as the update is available.
Best,May 26, 2022 at 14:23 #40716
yes, on the bbpress forum they wrote that “freshness” was replaced by “last post”.
but that does not remove the problem of the translation which will remain in my opinion.
Otherwise, I’ll see with locotranslate for the file you mentioned to me in the first pointMay 26, 2022 at 15:07 #40731
Thank you for your feedback Gil.
We’ll have to use this new string in our theme. Once it will be done, you’ll have to synchronise the Grimlock for bbPress translation file in Loco translate and you’ll be able to translate it. 🙂
We’ll keep you up to date.May 26, 2022 at 15:33 #40741
We have just released a new update of Grimlock for bbPress. Updating this plugin to the latest version should fix this issue. 🙂
After the update, the problem should now be fixed. However, you might still be seeing the issue because your browser cache is showing you an older version of the page (browsers do that to load pages faster). To see that the issue is resolved you will need to empty your browser cache and reload the page. If you want to read more on what browser cache is and how to clear it, here is an article that might help you: How to Clear Internet Cache in Every Major Browser.
Kindest regards,September 5, 2022 at 15:40 #42471
This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!
The Themosaurus team.
The topic ‘“search…”’ is closed to new replies.