Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Translate man and woman

This topic is resolved
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 44 Topics
    • 90 Posts
    @satisfyu

I can’t translate the word of man and woman in the profile (look at the photo), where is it translated?

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6291 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Miguel, 🙂

Maybe this topic from the WPML support will help you as it seems to answer to a very similar issue. To find out how you can resolve it, please click the following link:
    https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-can-i-translate-the-content-of-a-custom-field-in-buddypress/#post-2426866

Hope this will help you solve this.

Cheers,

Miguel
    Participant
    • 44 Topics
    • 90 Posts
    @satisfyu

I think you have not understood because what you send me has nothing to do with what I tell you, I mean that I cannot translate the word man and woman into Spanish (see what is indicated in the photo) and I wanted to know where it can be translated, because I have tried it in BuddyPress Multilingual but there it does not come out to translate it.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6291 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Miguel,

It is a Xprofile field. If you already install WPML and BP Multilingual, you should be able to translate these words. If not, something is not working correctly.

As this issue is related with WPML, it’s best if you try to reach the plugin authors. They will be more informed and better suited to help you.

To go further, we invite you to post your request on their support forums:
    https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

Miguel
    Participant
    • 44 Topics
    • 90 Posts
    @satisfyu

I have been told in wpml that there is a theme compatibility problem with wpml, so there are some translations that do not convert them.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6291 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for your feedback! 🙂

Could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings.
    You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Also, are we free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further in order to make sure you don’t loose any data if something goes wrong.

Thank you.

Miguel
    Participant
    • 44 Topics
    • 90 Posts
    @satisfyu

You can disable plugins without problems.

Miguel
    Participant
    • 44 Topics
    • 90 Posts
    @satisfyu
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6291 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you for granting us access to your WP Admin.

We will investigate further to find from where this issue is coming from.

We will be back to you ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6291 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Miguel,

After investigation, it seems this issue is related to WPML. We suggest you to change your theme to test it, you’ll see this issue still persists.

Can you confirm me you reached them previously? The fact it doesn’t work with another theme is the proof this issue is related with their plugin. They will be more informed and better suited to help you:
    https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/

Don’t hesitate to share the solution with us. I’m sure it will help other users facing the same issue. By doing this, you will be making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that! #SharingIsCaring 💪🏻

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Best,

Miguel
    Participant
    • 44 Topics
    • 90 Posts
    @satisfyu

In wpml they say that your theme and some buddypress plugins are not compatible with wpml.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6291 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you Miguel.

As I told you, the fact this issue still persists with another theme is the proof that our theme has nothing to do with this issue.

Moreover, this feature (member swap) is generated by BP Profile Search.

If the WPML team assures that it has no responsibility for this concern, we suggest you try to reach the BP Profile Search plugin authors.

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bp-profile-search/

Best,

Miguel
    Participant
    • 44 Topics
    • 90 Posts
    @satisfyu

Where can I find the word man and woman so that you can translate into Spanish because with the wpml plugin I can’t (see the photo).

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6291 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Miguel,

These words have to be translated using WPML String translation. You have to search these words in BuddyPress Multilingual. Please find the attached screenshot.

You already translated them, which means there is an issue between this plugin and WPML.

As I told you, if the WPML team assures that it has no responsibility for this concern, we suggest you try to reach the BP Profile Search plugin authors.

https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bp-profile-search/

We hope they will be able to solve this issue.

Best,

Miguel
    Participant
    • 44 Topics
    • 90 Posts
    @satisfyu

They will write to you from wpml because they have some questions on the subject that I do not know how to answer, they will go from me “satisfyu”.

Miguel
    Participant
    • 44 Topics
    • 90 Posts
    @satisfyu

I have been told in wpml that it is a compatibility problem between the theme and wpml and that you have to solve it yourself.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6291 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for this feedback.

We suggest you to make a backup of your website. Then, can you activate Twenty Twenty theme and Deactivate all the grimlock plugins to tell us if this issue still persists, please?

Best,

Miguel
    Participant
    • 44 Topics
    • 90 Posts
    @satisfyu

This video has been sent to me to see.
    https://www.loom.com/share/07c2e0baea0249449e747de32dbdf972

Miguel
    Participant
    • 44 Topics
    • 90 Posts
    @satisfyu

I have put the theme of twenty twenty and the web does not work with which you can not do checks. I have spoken with buddypress and they have told me that their puglin is compatible with wpml therefore the problem is in the Grimlock plugins and I think it is the Grimlock buddypress that gives the problem and the Grimlock plugin that corresponds to the average (no I know what it is) also gives problems.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @satisfyu,

We thank you for this video, many thanks to the WPML team for the explanations. It has been really insightful and it helped us get a better grasp on what’s going wrong here, and why we’ve been facing miscommunication problems.

Let’s sum this up:
    – The gender field is a custom field managed by BuddyPress. Neither our theme nor Grimlock adds/edits this field.
    – Grimlock for BuddyPress is responsible for managing Grimlock styles in BP pages but it is also dynamically displaying the gender field value (as well as any other custom field created in WP admin) in the member profile header and on the members directory when selected in the Customizer. It is not responsible for its translation and uses standard BP function to do so.
    If the WPML authors are looking for the code lines creating this feature, they can find them in the following PHP file:
    YOUR-DOMAIN/wp-content/plugins/grimlock-buddypress/inc/customizer/class-grimlock-buddypress-customizer.php

The function add_member_custom_fields is hooked to action grimlock_buddypress_member_xprofile_custom_fields which displays the custom field values.

To go further, the latest version of the plugin can be downloaded here:
    https://files.themosaurus.com/grimlock-buddypress/grimlock-buddypress.zip

We’re using very standard BuddyPress function to dynamically populate any custom BP profile fields created in WP admin. If something is preventing WPML to properly do its job, we’re open to discuss it and even fix the issue if that’s something that we can do on our side. To do so, we will need further info and guidance from them. If not, there is not much we can do to solve this.

They can reach out by sending us an email to management[a]themosaurus.com to discuss this further. We will gladly take it from there.

Thank you.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

On a side note, translating the matching percentage or other issues with Match me for BuddyPress are not related and should be addressed in another topic.

We’ve recently addressed a very similar issue/this very issue in another topic. To find out how you can resolve it, please click the following link:
    https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/translation-of-plugin-match-me/
    https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/translation-css/

The following topic is not directly linked to this issue but could spark some interest also:
    https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/translate-bp-profile-search/

If there is still an issue with this feature, we recommend you to report it to the plugin authors:
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/match-me-for-buddypress/

If you have further questions or requests, feel free to create other forum topics.

We remain available for all matters related with our theme.

Cheers,

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Quick update: our dev team has reached to WPML dev and we’re waiting for their guidance on how to fix this.

Thank you for your patience.

Miguel
    Participant
    • 44 Topics
    • 90 Posts
    @satisfyu

In wpml told me that you need to see this video:

https://www.loom.com/share/07c2e0baea0249449e747de32dbdf972

You can contact them here:

Go-Global Program

They told me that the problem are your theme.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6291 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Miguel,

It seems we didn’t see your reply. We apologize for the late answer.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’ll take a look at this.

Cheers,

René Wappiez
    Participant
    • 106 Topics
    • 352 Posts
    @wappiez

Any progress on this? I can’t translate the words Male and Female either..

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Translate man and woman’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site