Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

VERY SLOW- Entire site

This topic is resolved
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 5 Posts
    @incovadeadmin

I love the theme in terms of features, but wow! this is a very slow performing theme. I’ve already heard complaints from many users.

It performs very poorly on google page speed tests, pingdom and gtmetrix tests.

Here’s what I’ve tried to do to increase the performance a little bit so atleast the site can be used.
    -Installed smush plugin for image optimization
    -Installed hummingbird plugin for caching and asset optimization
    -Various tests continue to suggest moving CSS “inline”. So I did that using the hummingbird asset optimization. Some menu icons on pages are starting to show up a little weird.
    -Some tests also suggested moving some .js files “to the footer”. I did that for only a few files

Cera development team, please do something. This is not a normal performance. There is a lot of pontential for speed and performance in the theme.
    Can you review please and suggest if you are already aware.

Thanks

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @incovadeadmin,

Thank you for reaching out!

We use WP Engine to host all our demos (https://wpengine.com/). The performance of your website can also be improved, like our demos, by WP Rocket (https://wp-rocket.me/). Finally, we usually also recommend Imagify (https://imagify.io/), to shrink your images with lowest quality loss. But unfortunately, you have already made several improvements yourself that are very similar…

For better performance and improve security, we also recommend PHP 7.3+. Nevertheless, if this is not possible for you (server type, incompatibilities with plugins, etc.), we recommend at least version 5.6.X. You can always add more stuff to improve your page loading time but this is a pretty good start.

Please be aware that too many plugins will considerably slow down your page loading time. Several of our demos have a lot of plugins activated to showcase what’s possible our product but we advise to stick to the bare minimum!

Yes, you can test our demos against some online performance tools but that doesn’t exclude the influence of plugins -and the number of queries they’re throwing- from the results. If you really wish to see which plugins are the most responsible for slowing down your website, I suggest that you take install and activate P3 Plugin Performance Profiler from GoDaddy.com:

P3 (Plugin Performance Profiler)

Its results will show you charts with for the performance of each activated plugin. Finally, if curious to test Cera against online tools and really know the performance of our theme WITHOUT all those plugins activated, please feel free to use the following demo:
    https://theme-unit-test.cera-theme.com/

You will see that the page loading times are significantly faster.

Finally, this topic might also catch your attention as one of our user shared the server configuration that has helped him to solve a similar issue:
    https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/import-content-page-loading-forever/#post-12500

We hope this will help! 🙂

Kind regards,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘VERY SLOW- Entire site’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site