Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Cannot change button or box background color in Elementor?

This topic is resolved
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

Hello.

I recently purchased the Gwangi theme for wordpress and have been customising it using Elementor however, i cannot seem to change the theme style colour. I have changed it in numerous places, but it remains the default pink colour?

Help please!

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @luaspo,

Thank you for reaching out ! 🙂

Could you make sure that you’re not editing the Grimlock Section displayed instead of the page background please ? (See attached.)

In this case, this will solve the issue.

Best,

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

I do not understand what you mean. I am editing it in Elementor and can change everything except background colours and some text?

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

I can only edit the homepage in elementor, it won’t let me navigate to any other page/?

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @luaspo,

You should be able to edit the widgets contained in your Homepage. This will allow you to edit the background color and text. (Please see in the screenshot attached above.)

Could you also confirm that you have selected “Elementor” as your primary page builder during the setup process please?

If Elementor is not properly set or if something went wrong during your setup, we really suggest to use the setup wizard to install the theme, as it will programmatically do extra steps for you. If something went wrong during the import, it’s also recommended to address the issue right now as it might lead to other problems in the future.

You can easily reset your WordPress database using WP Reset (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-reset/) and start fresh with our setup wizard.

Regards,

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

I see the option to change the colour of the widget but it doesn’t apply the changes.

Will i lose any changes if i reset my database?

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

I also cannot upload or change images in the widget? Clicking appears to do nothing?

See attached.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @luaspo,

Yes, resetting your database will make you loose all changes unfortunately.

Thank you for sharing this screenshot, I see that your widget is broken, which explains why you’ve not been able to save properly your changes or importing pictures.

Either something went wrong during the setup or you have not set the proper permission on your server to let our theme and the plugins download static files such as JavaScript files…

Could you tell me what is the version for theme and the following plugins please?
    – Gwangi
    – Grimlock
    – Kirki
    – Elementor
    – Grimlock for Elementor

Thank you.

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

Hi Oliver,

I have since resolved the initial problem by disabling Elementor’s default colours and font settings. I have backed up my website and reinstalled the Gwangi community theme using the recommended settings however, my homepage is nothing like the template (see attached image).

Please can you advise?

thanks

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@luaspo, When you’re saying:

I have backed up my website and reinstalled the Gwangi community theme using the recommended settings

Could you confirm that you’ve reset your database and relaunched the setup wizard please?

If yes, it’s best if we take a quick look at this… You should have been able to import all the content like you did previously.

Could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings.
    You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Also, are we free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further in order to make sure you don’t loose any data if something goes wrong.

Thank you.

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

When trying to make changes to other pages i received the following error (see attached). i have researched this and i see it could be because i’m not using a child theme? must i use Gwangi_child theme if i wish to customise the template?

Regards

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @luaspo,

I don’t think that what you want to achieve should require creating a child theme. If you wish to use Elementor to edit you Homepage, you need to make sure that you’ve selected Elementor as you primary page builder during the setup, like suggested here:
    https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/sorry-the-content-area-was-not-found-in-your-page-2/#post-11379

Then if not already done, please apply the “Elementor Full Width” or “Elementor Canvas” page template to your page.
    Finally, just select one the imported Elementor template to start your Homepage, like discussed here:
    https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/sorry-the-content-area-was-not-found-in-your-page-2/#post-11384

If those steps have been done correctly, you should be able to edit your Homepage with Elementor in no time! 🙂

Unfortunately, we do not offer any customization. If you need to customize your website further, we advise that you require customization work.

If you’re on a tight budget, we recommend you to require the services from Envato Studio freelancers (https://studio.envato.com/explore/websites-programming). This web platform gives you access to developers who have already experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.

Best regards,

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

Hello Oliver,

I have followed the steps above and appear to still have issues. Elementor is my primary page builder and the template is full-width? I have however, edited the website in both WP Editor and Elementor as not all aspects are customisable in the current template. Could this be what caused the problem and how can i fix it without losing my work?

I am still confused how i can change the registration parameters so i can have a custom search box…

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @luaspo,

First, is the issue with Elementor solved? Are you able to edit your page now? Can confirm this for me please?

This issue with the search form is separate and it’s best to create another topic to discuss this otherwise it becomes confusing for me also. ?
    By doing this, you will be making a great contribution to this forum, and we all thank you very much for that!

Cheers,

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

This issue is still unresolved. As I said, I can edit some aspects of the homepage but not all widgets and I cannot access other pages via the toolbar.

I will make a separate thread for the search issue.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Great! Thank you for this! 🙂

Please note that the section at the very top of your Homepage is called Hero and will only appear on the page set as “Front page” whatever the page.
    In consequence, it cannot be edited with Elementor. However, you can easily change this in the Customizer and also preview your changes live. Just go to your dashboard and navigate to “Appearance > Customize > Appearance > Hero”.

Maybe this will solve your issue.

If not, could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings.
    You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

And could you pinpoint me to the section that you’re not able to edit please?

Also, are we free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further in order to make sure you don’t loose any data if something goes wrong.

Thank you.

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @luaspo,

I’ve also chosen to split you questions into new topics because I mentioned above, it’s difficult for us to address multiple issues in the same forum thread. It’s better this way because we avoid any confusion. 🙂

Best regards,

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

Hi Oliver,

I have had some success with 2/3 issues raised.

Yes- The additional pages in the navigation bar I have been editing in WP and not Elementor.
    Yes – I am now able to edit form fields in search box, I have left questions in your subsequent thread relating to this.
    Yes – I removed one widget in WP which also removed one pink border, so I believe the issue there is related to a conflict between widgets. One pink border still remains.
    No – Some widgets appear in WP, but not in Elementor? (“Developed With Dog Lovers in Mind” and “We Make Walking More Fun”).

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

No – Some widgets appear in WP, but not in Elementor? (“Developed With Dog Lovers in Mind” and “We Make Walking More Fun”).

Yes, that’s correct. Our theme has been built to support WordPress features like widgets and its Customizer.
    Elementor has been lately added to our theme but some features are not supported and we had to work around that. For instance, this bottom widget appear on all pages, and is thus not editable in your current Elementor page as it is shared across the entire website.

Using Elementor and the Customizer, you will always make sure to be able to edit a great number of theme options and widgets.

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

Hi Oliver,

I have gone through all the pages in Elementor to see what is customisable and unfortunately received the ‘The Content Area Was Not Found in Your Page’ error again in the following pages:

– All members pages
    – Activity page
    – Blog page
    – Groups page (Group Lists) works

How can i fix this?

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @luaspo,

I’m very sorry for this inconvenience. Unfortunately, this is a limitation imposed by WordPress itself and as theme authors, there’s nothing we can do about it.

The Posts Page pages is programmatically generated by WordPress and cannot be edited by Elementor, even when selecting one of the suggested page templates (“Elementor Canvas” or “Elementor Full Width”).

However, you can customize the layout for this page by going to your Customizer. Just go to your dashboard and navigate to “Appearance > Customize > Posts > Posts Page”.

On the other hand, the Members, Activity and Groups pages are programmatically generated by BuddyPress and can also not be edited by Elementor, even if selecting one of the suggested page templates (“Elementor Canvas” or “Elementor Full Width”). Changing the layout for these pages require creating a child theme and use custom code.

If you wish to know more about BuddyPress templates and child themes, please read the following posts:

Creating a Child Theme

BuddyPress Theme Development

Template Hierarchy

Kind regards,

Luke
    Participant
    • 24 Topics
    • 79 Posts
    @luaspo

Thank you for letting me know, it seems I will have to seek a freelancer for this work down the line…

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

@luaspo Yes, I agree. Given the specificity of some your requests, hiring a freelancer to this job for you might be a good idea. Our theme and its recommended plugins can only take to you to a certain customization point. Past their limit, it’s better to work with someone that will extend the required features and tailor them to your needs.

If you’re on a tight budget, we recommend you to require the services from Envato Studio freelancers (https://studio.envato.com/explore/websites-programming). This web platform gives you access to developers who have already experience with theme customizations, and for very competitive prices.

Best,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Cannot change button or box background color in Elementor?’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site