Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Demo Content not allowing page edits with Elementor

This topic is resolved
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @amc159

Hello,
    I have followed the setup instruction as mentioned – selected Elementor (Learn) in setup and import and it still doesn’t allow me to edit the homepage with Elementor. Also, there is are no templates imported in the process so we cannot edit the templates – even to fix areas that imported incorrectly (some widget areas have broken layouts.)

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @amc159,

Thank you for buying our theme. We hope it will meet all your expectations! 🙂

We’re sorry to read you’re facing some issue.

Could you provide us with screenshots of your website please? Please don’t hesitate to comment or highlight your screenshots to help us better understand your issue.

Usually, the setup wizard should make the demo import run smoothly, but issues can occur sometimes. Please give a quick look to the the following post, as we address the most installation common issues:

Demo Import Troubleshooting – Common Issues and Resolutions

In most cases, these type of issues are caused by server misconfigurations. Please check the WordPress prerequisites here: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

For better performance (and better security) we obviously recommend the version 7.2 for PHP. Nevertheless, if this is not possible for you (server type, incompatibilities with plugins, etc.) we recommend at least version 5.6.X.

Finally, this topic might also catch your attention as one of our user shared the server configuration that has helped him to solve a similar issue:
    https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/import-content-page-loading-forever/#post-12500

We hope this will help! 🙂

Kind regards,

Ann Marie
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @amc159
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ann Marie
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @amc159
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @amc159,

Thank you for your feedback. 🙂

Could you confirm that you have selected “Elementor” as your primary page builder during the setup process please?

Can you confirm that your theme and all the recommended plugins are up to date, please?

Regards,

Ann Marie
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @amc159

Yes for both.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @amc159,

Thank you for your feedback!

It’s best if we take a quick look at this…

Could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings.
    You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Also, are we free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further in order to make sure you don’t loose any data if something goes wrong.

Thank you.

Ann Marie
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @amc159
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @amc159,

Thank you for granting us access to your website.

Unfortunately the WordPress access are not working. Can you check is the informations above are correct please?

Regards,

Ann Marie
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @amc159
    Ann Marie
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @amc159
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @amc159,

Thank you for your feedback. I had a problem with the admin access. Now, I logged in successfully.

I was trying to edit your homepage with Elementor but I notice you were currently editing this page. I understand that this issue is resolved. 🙂

Concerning the section “Our latest Courses”, it seems you haven’t yet create courses. This is why this section is empty. Note that courses are not included in the content import. Can you try to create a course and tell me if it displays correctly on the homepage, please?

Best,

Ann Marie
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @amc159
    Ann Marie
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @amc159
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you for your feedback @amc159.

As you can see in the screenshot joined, I was able to edit some section and add a title. I was able to update these modifications too. Note that I delete my modifications just after.

Concerning the courses : I’m sorry, I didn’t check correctly. We will investigate further to find from where this issue is coming from and find out how we can help you.

We will be back to you ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

I notice that the “LearnDash Course Grid” plugin is missing. Can you please install it to see if this issue is resolved?

Hope this will help you to solve this.

Best,

Ann Marie
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @amc159
    Ann Marie
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @amc159
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

I understand now your issue.

When you’re editing a Elementor page, a Elementor template must be selected in the page attribute. Actually, the “Homepage Template’ is selected for this specific page. This is why you can’t edit it with Elementor. The right one should be “Elementor full width”. However, this page is not build with Elementor. My best guess is that you imported first the demo without selecting Elementor as your primary page builder. Note that if you change the page template now, the sections will be hidden because they are not made with Elementor.

There are two solutions :

1. Delete this page a create a replicate one using Elementor. You can download the right template by clicking here. For more, please read this topic :
      https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/dashboard-not-looking-like-demo/#post-17413
    2. Edit this page using the customizer: Click on Customize. Then, click on the blue pen to edit the selected widget.

Best,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you for bring this other issue to our attention. We’re glad to answer any question related with the setup of our theme.

However, it is very difficult for us to provide the best support possible and to keep track of issues and their resolution if so many questions are asked in the same topic.
    Moreover, it’s easier for us to share the resolution for a single issue with other members of our community facing the same problem.

So, could you move your other questions into different topics, please? One question = one topic.
    By doing this, you will be making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that! 🙂

Thank you.

Ann Marie
    Participant
    • 3 Topics
    • 19 Posts
    @amc159
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you @amc159 for your feedback.

Is it possible you imported twice the demo? It seems indeed something went wrong during the import.

At this point, I have not a quick solution to give you except the two I already send you in my previous answer. However, note that we will investigate further to find from where this issue is coming from. We will be back to you.

We’re really sorry you facing this issue and we thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6288 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @amc159,

We thank you for your patience.

Unfortunately, we can’t reproduce this issue with our demo. It seems indeed something went wrong during the installation, but we have no clue. ??‍♂️

We hope you’re be able to fix this issue with the solutions mentioned above.

Best,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Demo Content not allowing page edits with Elementor’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site