Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Demo Setup

This topic is resolved
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @davidc528

Hi guys.
    I’ve read through the forums, the install docs, checked all the parameters and still having issues with the template.

My hosting is through HostGator. I check the WP version, PHP, and everything seems to be the latest updates.
    I’ve checked the read/write permissions and all the folders are set to 755.
    The max file size is set at 512K
    Execution and Input are both at 300.

The site is missing quite a bit of content. I’ve tried installing it 3 times with using 3 different downloads. Checking the file structure, it all seems there.

I have zero WP experience and this is my first step getting into it. It was suggested to find a template that holds things that I would like to have, and then go from there. But I’m lost on what else I need to check. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

site: https://vanquishguild.org/

David

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6587 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi David,

Thank you for buying our theme. We hope it will meet all your expectations! 🙂

Thank you for letting us know, we’ll make sure to be clear in our replies. In case something is quite complicated for you, don’t hesitate to ask us more explanations.

To help us getting clues and find a solution to this issue, please activate logging on your website, just turn WP_DEBUG to true, by pasting the following code lines in your wp-config.php file (you can acces this file by FTP), just before the line that says ‘That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging.’:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

More on this in the following topic: Debugging in WordPress.

These lines will register all errors encountered during the theme setup. Once all lines are in place, please come back to us.

Thank you.

David
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @davidc528

Hi and thank you for the reply. I hope it will meet my expectations too!

I downloaded the mp-config.php, added the changes and re-uploaded it.

What’s the next step?

Thank you again.
    David

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6587 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi David,

Great! Now, we really suggest you to reset your WordPress database using WP Reset (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-reset/) and start fresh with our setup wizard. Note that the issue might still occur. In that case, don’t worry, we’ll get a detailed feedback in the logs.

Please keep us up to date if the theme setup was successful or not. 🙂

Regards,

David
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @davidc528

Hi Manathan.

I read the link, watched the small vid, and read the instructions on the install. Went to tools to start the process. There was a warning about multisite but basically said “try it… we’ve been working on it”. Typed RESET (didn’t mention in the instructions to actually click the snapshot) and the site was lost. No WP, no admin, notta. Back to square one.

Reinstalled WP without clicking multisite. Installed the theme. Things are back to where they were (incomplete theme).

Redid the WP RESET, this time click snapshot, and it reset the site. I think. I honestly don’t know if it did or didn’t.
    Reinstalled the theme using the wizard and the issue is still there.

You’re turn =)

Roboraptor
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 395 Posts
    @roboraptor

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We provide support only during Belgian business hours (Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST), and our current response time can be up to 1 business day. We’ve received your request and we’ll get you an answer ASAP.

We really thank you for your patience!

In the meantime, feel free to check out our documentation resources for more help: https://doc.themosaurus.com/

Kind regards,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6587 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi David,

Thank you for your detailed feedback! You’re facing quite a misadventure, we’re sorry for that. 🙁

Thanks to the code snippet that you’ve recently added to your wp-config.php file, we should be able to read the error. Could you share the content of your debug.log file with us please? You can post the content of this file as plain text in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

After having reviewed your next reply, we’ll be able to tell you if the issue is caused by our product, a third party plugin or any type misconfiguration on your server.

If we’re not able to help, we’ll recommend you to transfer the error logs to the plugin author or to your server hosting support.

Thank you.

David
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @davidc528
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6587 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi David,

Thank you for sharing the logs with us.

While we’re investigating, don’t hesitate to give a quick look to the following post, as we address the most installation common issues:

Demo Import Troubleshooting – Common Issues and Resolutions

In most cases, these type of issues are caused by server misconfigurations. Please check the WordPress prerequisites here: WordPress Requirements.

For better performance (and better security) we obviously recommend the version 7.4 or greater for PHP. Nevertheless, if this is not possible for you (server type, incompatibilities with plugins, etc.) we recommend at least version 5.6.X.

Finally, this topic might also catch your attention as one of our user shared the server configuration that has helped him to solve a similar issue:

Import Content page loading forever

We hope this will help! We’ll be back to you if we find something from our side.

Kind regards,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6587 Posts
    @themodactyl

Sorry David, I just noticed that this is not the logs.

Could you share the content of your debug.log file with us please? You can access this file by FTP in wp-content/debug.log. You can post the content of this file as plain text in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Let me know if you need more help locating this file.

Thank you.

David
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @davidc528
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6587 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you David, please allow us some time to investigate. 🙂

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6587 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you for your patience, David!

We read the logs, but strangely there’s nothing that indicated why there’s an issue during the import. 🤔

You actually have PHP 8.2. Perhaps there’s a plugin that’s not compatible yet with this version of PHP. Could you try to go back to PHP 8.1 ? Then, could you create a new website user for us, please? This way, we’ll take a quick look at this. If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings.
    You can post the username and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Also, are we free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further, in order to make sure you don’t lose any data if something goes wrong.

Thank you.

David
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @davidc528

Hi Manathan.

A large part of the log file relates to Kirki and the styles being depreciated. Rolling back php to an earlier version might have issues with other plugins that I install later. I think being current is a good thing. I mentioned earlier that the theme reads it hasn’t been updated since 2022. WordPress is supposed to be easy with a quick up and running thing.

I would probably prefer to inquire about a refund for the theme. If it worked, and really wish it did, great. But from everything we have done, it’s not. I have checked all your requirements and the site meets them. I do thank you for your time though. But unless you find something, lets just move ahead with the refund please.

David

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6587 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi David,

Even if the warnings point to Kirki, as I told you, there’s nothing that indicated why there’s an issue during the import. These warnings do not cause any issues. We did not updated our theme as it was not necessary. We did a clean installation on our side and all is working fine with the last version of PHP. Our theme work perfectly fine on a standard server with the last version of PHP.

Note that going back to PHP 8.1 will not do any harm, even if you install more plugins in the future. 🙂

Could you create a new website user for us, please? This way, we’ll make some tests ourselves.

Best,

David
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @davidc528
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6587 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi David,

Thanks, please allow us some time to fully investigate. 🙂

We’ll be back to you as soon as possible.

Best,

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6587 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thanks for your patience.

After conducting a thorough investigation, we found that the import issue was primarily related to the server’s performance. Our attempts to import the demo content were hindered by frequent 503 errors, indicative of server-related constraints.

While we typically entrust users with importing demos on their own servers, we recognized the unique circumstances in your case. We performed an exceptional import to assist you in experiencing the full potential of the theme. However, we would like to emphasize the importance of having a robust server for optimal performance.

A standard WordPress server usually suffices for our themes. Still, in exceptional cases, such as yours, where server limitations impact the demo import, we recommend considering an upgrade to ensure a smooth experience and prevent potential issues in the future.

Additionally, we observed that multiple caching plugins were installed on your website. While caching is beneficial for performance, having multiple caching plugins concurrently might lead to complications. We recommend keeping only one caching plugin to streamline your site’s caching strategy and avoid conflicts.

If you have any further questions, encounter difficulties, or need additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re here to help you make the most out of your experience with Armadon.

Best regards,

David
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 8 Posts
    @davidc528

Hi.
    Are you saying that hostgator servers are not compatible with running your themes? Yes, I have the basic plan and no where in the documentation does it read that I need a higher plan to make it work.

Not sure what you mean about plugins. The only plugins installed where the ones that came with wordpress on the install and the ones installed by your theme. You mention if it was alright that you could disable/enable plugins, etc.. to test.

If the theme will not work, then again I’m going to ask for a refund for the theme please.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6587 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi David,

I want to address some points to ensure there’s no confusion.

I did not state that our theme is incompatible with your server. Instead, I highlighted that your server’s performance might be insufficient for running a standard WordPress installation. Our theme doesn’t demand a higher hosting plan; rather, it requires adequate server performance for smooth operations.

To elaborate, our theme’s import process involves downloading images and other content for demo import. We encountered persistent 503 errors during the images import, as outlined in this : https://developer.mozilla.org/fr/docs/Web/HTTP/Status/503. The 503 error signifies a server-related issue, independent of the theme or plugins.

Regarding plugins, the presence of multiple caching plugins was observed on your website. This might result from your host panel’s standard WordPress installation process, not our theme setup. I can assure you it was not our theme setup that install these caching plugins. Our suggestion to use only one caching plugin is merely a recommendation for optimal performance and to avoid potential conflicts.

In essence, the challenges faced during demo import are not exclusive to our theme; they could occur with any theme featuring a demo import functionality, given your server’s current performance limitations.

It’s crucial to reiterate that our theme operates seamlessly on a standard WordPress server. If you encountered the same issue with another theme offering demo import, it would likely be due to similar server constraints.

Additionally, we undertook the unusual step of importing the demo for you, which typically falls under the user’s responsibility. This was done in an effort to assist you during the challenges you faced. However, it seems the 2 hours effort to deal with your server limits might not have been fully acknowledged.

I hope this clarification provides a clearer understanding of the situation. Should you have any further questions, concerns, or if there’s anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Demo Setup’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site