Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Image size in Grimlock Author List

This topic is resolved
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 12 Topics
    • 32 Posts
    @emiko356

Hello, I have problems with my author avatars in Grimlock Author List. The thumbnails don’t regenerate when I’m following the explaination from here https://doc.themosaurus.com/preparing-your-images/
    What is the size I should choose for it to look correctly please?
    Thanks in advance and best regards,

Emzi
    Participant
    • 12 Topics
    • 32 Posts
    @emiko356

Maybe I was not clear enough. Here is a screenshot. Whatever size I give to my author “avatar list” it’s stays with 150x150px thumbnail

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Emzi,

Is it possible that these images were imported with a smartphone? In that case, we’ve recently addressed a very similar issue in another topic. To find out more about this, please click on the following link:

Uploaded avatar size from mobile view = poor quality

We remain available for all matters related with our theme!

Cheers,

Emzi
    Participant
    • 12 Topics
    • 32 Posts
    @emiko356

No, these have been uploaded normally. I have impression also that there is a general conflict with youzify. The displaying username/full name + header settings are not/badly working.
    Can you please check I think it’s not normal that there are these problems.

Emzi
    Participant
    • 12 Topics
    • 32 Posts
    @emiko356

Hi again, the system is forcing the grimlock autor avatars back to 150×150 it’s theme related

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Emzi,

Regarding the display of the username/full name, be aware that it is handled by default by Grimlock for BuddyPress. However, Youzify has its own features for this. For this reason, when Youzify is installed and activated on a website, the features related to the display of user info of our plugin are disabled to let Youzify handle this.

Concerning the size of the avatars, my best guess is that the size is set by Youzify. Please find the attached screenshot of a demo using Gwangi theme without Youzify plugin. Can you please check in the Youzify settings?

Best,

Emzi
    Participant
    • 12 Topics
    • 32 Posts
    @emiko356

Hi and thanks for the answer. I don’t get you: you are calling it the Gwangi-Youzify-Theme and it’s not compatible ? Youzify is probably overriding things “by himself” and there are no settings for these. I was thinking I have 6 month support buying this theme ! I’m really getting bored , it’s a main feature and it’s not working ! How is that possible? Avatars thumbnail generation does not work, Youzify does not want to help and you, as the author, telling me it’s not you (even as you can see in my last screenshot it’s clearly YOUR theme handling this).
    Anyway. Just tell me what I can do, this is not normal the theme claims it’s compatible for Youzify so it should be !

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Emzi,

I think you misunderstanding me concerning the username/full name feature. Our theme is compatible with Youzify. What I was trying to tell you is: Yes, there are settings to handle this, but in Youzify plugin. Our theme has nothing to do with that, as Youzify has his own options.

Concerning the featured images, I suggest you to deactivate temporarily Youzify, all images should be displayed correctly. If not, please come back to us.

As you can see in the Youzify demo, the images are displayed correctly. So, my best guess is that there is a misconfiguration of Youzify plugin on your website. Regarding the screenshot you send us with the size of 150x150px, you should know that this is not the actual size of the image but the format. If you inspect our Youzify demo, you will find the same format in the html, but the actual width of the images is 350px.

Anyway, we’re really sorry to read that Youzify team doesn’t help you. Exceptionally, we can take a look to find out what’s going on and to make sure from where this issue is coming from. Could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings. You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Also, are we free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further in order to make sure you don’t loose any data if something goes wrong.

Thank you.

Emzi
    Participant
    • 12 Topics
    • 32 Posts
    @emiko356
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Emzi
    Participant
    • 12 Topics
    • 32 Posts
    @emiko356
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Emzi,

Thank you for granting us access to your wp-admin.

In that case, is it possible to create a staging website? This way, we’ll be able to make our tests without impacting your online users.

We’re waiting for your feedback.

Best,

Emzi
    Participant
    • 12 Topics
    • 32 Posts
    @emiko356

Hello, I did find a solution !
    I increased the size of the generated thumbnails from 50×50 to 250×250 and from 150×150 to 450×450
    This article was helpful : https://codex.buddypress.org/themes/guides/customizing-buddypress-avatars/

Best regards

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi Emzi,

I’m glad to read you were able to solve this. Well done! 🙂

Thank you very much for sharing the solution with us. I’m sure it will help other users facing the same issue. By doing this, you’re making a great contribution to this forum, and we thank you very much for that! #SharingIsCaring 💪🏻

If you have further questions or requests, feel free to create other forum topics.

Cheers,

Roboraptor 🦖
Themosaurus Topic Closer

Hi there,

This topic has been inactive for a while now so we will be closing it to keep the forum tidy. Don't hesitate to create a new topic if you still need help and we'll be glad to help you!

Best regards,
The Themosaurus team.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Image size in Grimlock Author List’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site