Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Imported Website Different from Gwangi Dating Demo

This topic is resolved
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @trueloveinasia88

Hi there, hope things are working fine for you. My name is Lemon ^_^

I really love your Gwangi dating theme. It has lots of features that really suit our needs, and the design is beautiful too. However, as a complete WordPress newbie, I am currently encountering problems in recreating the theme like your demo. Can you please guide me in finding out what I have been doing wrong?

During the 1st time when I installed the demo, I followed your setup guide here: https://doc.themosaurus.com/gwangi-setup-guide/

However, after I activated the theme and plug-ins (except Bps Maps for Members), in most pages only the pages’ titles were shown.

After that, I read through the support forum and decided to reset the whole website using WP Reset plugin and uninstalled all plugins. Then, I reinstalled the theme and plugins in the exact same way as your setup guide.

This time, the outcome is better, but some parts are still missing. I have attached some of the missing parts here in comparison with the demo.

From the post here (https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/cant-import-demo-content-all-pages-come-out-as-blank-f/), I acknowledge that once reset I would need to recreate some pages. But since I am really new to WordPress, the whole process seems very complicated to me @_@

Is there a better way to recreate the theme without recreating the pages one-by-one? After spending a long time browsing all the other WordPress dating themes, Gwangi is so far the best that I have ever encountered. So I really hope that your demo could work on my website.

Please let me know if there is any other info required for you to assist me. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon. Have a nice day!

Lemon
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @trueloveinasia88
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Lemon
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @trueloveinasia88
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @trueloveinasia88,

Thank you for reaching out ! 🙂

Did you use our setup wizard to install your theme ? Or did you import the demo content manually ?

Thank you.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Unfortunately, I’m not able to log into your website to see by myself. Maybe you have already updated the credentials that you’ve shared with us.

Dominik
    Participant
    • 21 Topics
    • 54 Posts
    @dominik

This reply has been removed.

Dominik
    Participant
    • 21 Topics
    • 54 Posts
    @dominik

This reply has been removed.

Lemon
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @trueloveinasia88
    Dominik
    Participant
    • 21 Topics
    • 54 Posts
    @dominik

I started a new thread for my question to handle the support in a better way for us two users. 🙂

@admins please delete my messages in here. This thread is only for ‘lemon’.

Cheers

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Thank you @dominik, it helps us much. You’re doing a great contribution to this forum by help to keep it tidy.

Best,

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @trueloveinasia88,

Thank you for updating our user name and password. I’m now able to visit your website and review your settings.

For a strange reason, it seems like no widgets have been imported. You can either import them manually or try to run the setup wizard again.

If you wish to use “Elementor” as your primary page builder, please make sure to select the option during the setup process please. If Elementor is not properly set or if something went wrong during your setup, we really suggest to use the setup wizard to install the theme, as it will programmatically do extra steps for you.

It’s also recommended to address the issue right now as it might lead to other problems in the future.

You can easily reset your WordPress database using WP Reset (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-reset/) and start fresh with our setup wizard.

Regards,

Lemon
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @trueloveinasia88

Dear Olivier,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Your answer makes sense, and I decided to follow your advice to reset and reinstall the theme. My steps were as follows:
    1. Activated WP reset plugin and reset website
    2. Deleted all plugins & Gwangi theme
    4. Re-downloaded Gwangi theme (wordpress files only) from Themeforest
    5. Uploaded and activated theme in WordPress
    6. Clicking on Gwangi theme and pressing the “theme setup” button
    7. Installed theme using the setup wizard, selected “Elementor” as primary page builder. Every plugins were successfully installed (except “Grimlock for Elementor” and “Testimonials”)
    8. Installed and activated “Grimlock for Elementor“ plugin

Currently, the website looks like this. Though the “Register with us” and “subscribe us” parts are now visible, I have trouble finding most parts of the theme including search form & navigation menu.

Could you please kindly guide me in finding out what I have been doing wrong?

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Thank you for this detailed feedback @trueloveinasia88. From my point of view, you’ve done everything correctly and your demo should have been installed with hassle at this point.

Maybe it’s best if we take a quick look at this…

Could you create a new website user for us please? If possible with administrator capabilities so we can make a quick check of your settings.
    You can post the user name and password in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

Also, are we free to deactivate plugins for our tests? In this case, I invite you to make a backup before we investigate your website further in order to make sure you don’t loose any data if something goes wrong.

To help us getting clues and find a solution to this issue, please activate logging on your website, just turn WP_DEBUG to true, by pasting the following code lines in your wp-config.php file, just before the line that says ‘That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging.’:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

More on this in the following topic: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Thank you.

Lemon
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @trueloveinasia88
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Hi @trueloveinasia88,

There is definitively something going wrong during your install. As suggested, I’ve proceeded to a reset of your database and relaunch the setup. I’ve noticed that your pages and widgets have been correctly imported but not the posts and other content.

However this time, thanks to the code snippet that you’ve recently added to your wp-config.php file, we should be able to read the error.

Could you share the content of your debug.log file with us please? You can post the content of this file as plain text in your next reply and mark it as private to keep this between us.

After having reviewed your next reply, we’ll be able to tell you if the issue is caused by our product or any type misconfiguration on your server.

In that case, we’ll recommend you to transfer the error logs to your server hosting support.

Thank you.

Lemon
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @trueloveinasia88
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

I’m sorry @trueloveinasia88, there is probably something misconfigured with your server. If your wp-config.php is set properly, the debug.log should have been created when either an error, a warning or a notice was triggered by the setup process.

I also see that your hosting service has already defined constants for your WordPress website. Other buyers have recently solve their setup issues by fine tuning these server values:
    https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/import-content-page-loading-forever/#post-12500

in consequence, to solve this setup issue, it’s best to try to reach your hosting service support. They will be more suited to help you with the tuning of your server. I recommend that you try to follow these guidelines to help you go through the most common demo installation issues as they give you good hints about what WordPress is expecting to run efficiently:

Demo Import Troubleshooting – Common Issues and Resolutions

Regards,

Lemon
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @trueloveinasia88
    Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Thank you @trueloveinasia88 for sharing these logs with me. From what I’ve seen, there are lots of errors in your database during the data writing process of the import, which should not happen.

My conclusion is that your issue is caused by some type of server misconfiguration.

Please make sure that your server configuration is meeting the WordPress prerequisites. For more please review the following post: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

For better performance and improved security, we obviously recommend the version 7.2 for PHP. Nevertheless, if this is not possible for you for various reasons, we recommend at least version 5.6.X.

Finally, please note that this issue is related with the server setting, not with the use of your theme. As theme authors, the installation, setting or debugging of third hosting servers isn’t part of the support we will provide.

To go further, we invite you to ask for more help from your server hosting support.

We believe that they’ll be better informed and more able to help you.

Regards,

Lemon
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @trueloveinasia88
    Lemon
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @trueloveinasia88

Hi Olivier, I was waiting for your reply. 🙂 Please reply me on the same. Thank you!

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

You’re welcome @trueloveinasia88! 🙂

I see that you’re running PHP 7.3 on your server. That’s a good thing.

But that’s not directly related with the errors thrown by your MySQL database. Did you share your logs with your hosting service support? What did they say about those?

Did you follow these guidelines also?
    https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/import-content-page-loading-forever/#post-12500

This user specify the server settings that helped him to go through this. Could you confirm that you have made these changes also?

If that’s the case, I really have no idea why it’s bugging when you’re trying to install your demo.

Lemon
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @trueloveinasia88

Hi Oliver, thank you for your reply.

I have referred this case to my hosting server – Bluehost, and am currently waiting for their reply.

Will get back to you once things are sorted on their side.

Take care & stay safe

Themosaurusrex
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 2048 Posts
    @themosaurusrex

Thank you for the update @trueloveinasia88 !

Stay safe too! 🙂

Lemon
    Participant
    • 1 Topics
    • 13 Posts
    @trueloveinasia88

Hi Olivier, hope you are doing good now ^_^

Throughout the past few days, I have been working with my hosting server to develop a solution. Here’s what we have done:

1. Adjusted the memory limit to maximum, according to the advice here: https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/import-content-page-loading-forever/#post-12500

2. After running theme setup wizard, imported both demo XML file and widget WIE file.

The results seemed to be the best compared to all my previous attempts, but still, there are some little errors like repeating sections (although negligible). This more or less raises my worry – apart from the improved site appearance, is the site functioning completely properly now?

Would you be able to run a system check for me to see if everything is okay? The credentials are the same as post #12588. Sincerely appreciate your help.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Imported Website Different from Gwangi Dating Demo’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site