Support only during business hours : Monday to friday, from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm CEST

Due to the decrease in our staff due to vacations, our response time may be longer.

Be sure we're doing our best to manage your topic as soon as possible.

Pages not looking like demo – reinstalled several times

This topic is resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    • 66 Posts
    @mandaeanlipwiggle

Hi,

I made a topic bout this previously – both the home page and “about us” pages looking completely different from the demo themes. I deleted the whole website and reinstalled everything as you recommended using the setup wizard. It is still completely different. I even went through the plugins manually to ensure they were all there.

Even the age on the demo starts at 18 yet mine starts at 0? There seems to be several issues with my theme.

Please assist.
    Regards
    Mahtab

• 26 Topics
    • 66 Posts
    @mandaeanlipwiggle
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @mandaeanlipwiggle,

Thank you for reaching out!

Indeed, you have addressed this question before but it seems that you have not answered us:
    https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/about-us-page/

It seems the demo was not imported completely. First of all, we need to make sure your server is well configured.

Usually, the setup wizard should make the demo import run smoothly, but issues can occur sometimes. Please give a quick look to the the following post, as we address the most installation common issues:

Demo Import Troubleshooting – Common Issues and Resolutions

In most cases, these type of issues are caused by server misconfigurations. Please check the WordPress prerequisites here: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

For better performance (and better security) we obviously recommend the version 7.2 for PHP. Nevertheless, if this is not possible for you (server type, incompatibilities with plugins, etc.) we recommend at least version 5.6.X.

Finally, this topic might also catch your attention as one of our user shared the server configuration that has helped him to solve a similar issue:
    https://support.themosaurus.com/forums/topic/import-content-page-loading-forever/#post-12500

We hope this will help!

We’re waiting for your feedback. 🙂

Kind regards,

• 26 Topics
    • 66 Posts
    @mandaeanlipwiggle

Hi Thank you for the reply.

Yes it took me a while to get back to everything as during the process of following your instructions I lost all my data and needed to have the proper amount of time to be able to tackle all this again! 🙂

The WP pre-requisites say PHP 7.4, but you have said 7.2 which is what I have now updated it to.

I have just reinstalled using the setup wizard and it seems to have made no difference. To be completely honest I am not that savvy when it comes to creating and altering a website which is why I decided to purchase the theme. The whole point was to just enter in the website/company details into the premade template. I don’t know how and do not want to be tweaking every part of this website set up (page glitches, menu items, every page including homepage, widgets etc). I just want to be able to enter the data into the premade theme.

Are you able to please assist me with the setup as I have already tried troubleshooting for almost one month previously, have lost all the data once already and have followed all your instructions to date.

Thanking you once again for your support,

• 26 Topics
    • 66 Posts
    @mandaeanlipwiggle

Just to followup further, I have now changed it to PHP 7.4 as per WP prerequisites and reinstalled once again, and still no luck. I also contacted my host/server and there’s nothing further that can be done on their end.

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Thank you for your feedback @mandaeanlipwiggle.

I completely understand and I assure you that we will do our best to solve this issue so that you can successfully import the demo.

We’ve recently addressed a very similar issue in another topic:

Modify the sidebar

As the content can’t be imported, our best guess is that there is a limit that prevent to import the demo completely.
    Can you confirm you reached out to your hosting company and asked them to increase this limit for you? If you want to do it yourself, we suggest you to add the following snippet via FTP at the .htaccess file:

php_value post_max_size 32M
    php_value upload_max_filesize 32M
    php_value memory_limit 256M
    php_value max_execution_time 300
    php_value max_input_time 300
    php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 86400

We’re waiting for your feedback.

Best,

• 26 Topics
    • 66 Posts
    @mandaeanlipwiggle

Hi Manathan,

Thank you for your response.
    I have reached out to my hosting company once again and they are replied with “I really appreciate your patience. I could see that the values are already greater than the values mentioned in the link.” (I had sent them the link to this thread so that nothing was missed in communication.)

I reinstalled the demo and still no luck. So I took some initiative and used the WP reset to reset my website again and reinstall the theme and IT WORKED!!!

Thanks a ton.
    Very excited to finally get started on this!!!

Manathan
    Keymaster
    Themosaurus Support
    • 0 Topics
    • 6297 Posts
    @themodactyl

Hi @mandaeanlipwiggle,

That’s great news! I’m glad to read you’ve been able to solve this. 🙂

We remain available for all support requests related with the use of your theme.

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pages not looking like demo – reinstalled several times’ is closed to new replies.

Troubleshooting Demo Imports

You're trying to setup your theme but you're experiencing errors when importing the demo content? Or you've just followed the setup guide but your website doesn't look exactly like our demo? These are common issues for which you can find easy and quick fixes.

Happy With our Support So Far?

Feel free to review our theme on Themeforest! It helps us making our products more known to new potential customers, which allow us more time to improve the quality and develop new features. #SharingIsCaring ❤️

Discover MatchPress

Skip • Like • Super-Like

Add powerful matching features like Member likes, skips, super likes, conditional private messaging and much more.

Setup Your Cera or Gwangi powered Community Website and Turn it into an iOS and Android App

15% discount for Cera users

To unleash the full power of your Cera or Gwangi theme, we have partnered with the Zipline team. Your community website can now be fully setup and turned into your very own custom app for iOS and Android.

Whether you've newly acquired the theme or already got your site up and running, Zipline got you covered. And we got you an incredible discount.

Holiday, Weather & Festive effects
to pimp your WordPress Site